What is Money Savvy?
Citizens Advice Southwark has funding from the Big Lottery to provide support around money issues for Southwark Council tenants and Housing Association tenants living in Southwark. The tenants we particularly want to target are:
- New tenants
- Young tenants under 25
- Tenants who may have recently lost their jobs and are looking for work.
Over the next 5 years of the project the CAB and partner agencies will reach 10,000 Housing Association and Council Tenants, living in Southwark helping with issues such as:
- Knowing where to get specialist help if they have debt, benefit or housing problems
- Advice on in-work benefits, and budgeting for things like travel and childcare if they are looking for a job
- Prioritising bills, particularly rent payments
- The true cost of high-cost credit such as pay day loans and borrowing from doorstep lenders
- How to save money on fuel and other bills
We can offer a group workshop for any group of tenants at a time and venue to suit you. The sessions are fun and interactive with quizzes and other activities. We usually find that people learn a lot from each other in the group.
Please contact Alice Webster – AWebster@CitizensAdviceSouthwark.org.uk for more details.