Outreach and Projects

We run a number of specialist projects designed to meet particular needs of people who live, work or study in Southwark.

Read on to find out how we can help you.

If you’d like advice on an issue, or would like help from any of our projects listed below, please get in touch.

Debt and Money

  • Who is it for? – Anyone living, working or studying in Southwark who has a debt.

Debt Free London

Debt Free London is a London-wide partnership which tackles debt and financial exclusion in communities.

Our Debt Team, funded by Debt Free London, provides specialist face-to-face debt advice at our Walworth and Peckham offices.

Debt advice by Pound Advice

  • Who is it for? – L&Q tenants with a debt who are living, working or studying in Southwark.

Pound Advice is a face-to-face advice service for London & Quadrant (L&Q) tenants. It can help with debt and budgeting issues.

Thames Water Trust Fund

Debt and money advice service for Thames Water Customers.

We would like to acknowledge the funding provided by Thames Water Trust Fund, which supports customers experiencing financial difficulty by providing debt and money advice services to those who need it most.


Energy Best Deal Extra and Energy Best Deal Extra (for pre-payment meters)

  • Who is it for? – Anyone living, working or studying in Southwark.

Citizens Advice Southwark is proud to be an Energy Champion, promoting energy awareness and savings across the borough.

We have appointments available to help you with getting the best fuel deal, checking your benefit entitlement, and saving energy.

We also deliver energy saving sessions to consumers and frontline workers across the borough.


Specialist immigration advice

  • Who is it for? – Anyone living, working or studying in Southwark.

Our generalist volunteers provide basic advice and information on immigration issues.

We also have a specialist immigration caseworker who is accredited at OISC levels 2 & 3 and can assist clients who have more complex immigration issues.


Macmillan & Dimbleby Welfare Benefits Advice Project

  • Who is it for? – Anyone currently awaiting, receiving or recovering from cancer treatment at any of the following hospitals: Princess Royal University Hospital, Guys’ & St Thomas’ Hospital, University Hospital Lewisham, King’s College Hospital, Queen Elizabeth Hospital.

We provide advice on benefits and other sources of financial help to people affected by cancer.

We can help with a number of issues, including: applying for benefits, benefit appeal, tax credits, health costs, accessing charitable grants, and transport and housing costs.

You can access the service through your hospital or by contacting us.